THE MORNING LOOP: 08.18.11
1 year ago
Dr Dre Sells Beats x Christine O'Donnell Walks Off CNN x Michael Jackson's art collection revealed
Despite the fact that President Barack Obama spearheaded the team that captured and killed Osama bin Laden, his approval ratings are at all time low. According to Gallup, only 26% of Americans approve of how Obama is handling the economy. His approval ratings in terrorism and the federal budget deficit have also declined since last May.
They say if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen, which is exactly what Christine O'Donnell did when she walked off of Piers Morgan tonight on CNN. When asked about her views on gay marriage, O'Donnell refused to answer, eventually ended the interview early.
Seems like execs at Abercrombie & Fitch aren't watching MTV's "Jersey Shore." In fact, they've offered to pay Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino a substantial amount of money not to wear the retailer's clothing saying it would "cause significant damage to our image." Ouch!
Michael Jackson wasn't just the King of Pop. He was also an artist, a visual artist, and apparently had been collecting his own collection quietly in Santa Monica. The collection is currently owned by Brett-Livingstone Strong, an Australian monument builder and Jackson's art mentor.
Dr. Dre is rolling in dough. He recently sold a 51% share of his company, which produced the upscale headphones Beats By Dre. Thanks to that deal, Dr. Dre and his partner Jimmy Iovine are taking home $309 million.
Video of the Day
Rapper The Game apologizes and blames tweeting incident on 'a friend.'
1. Kim Kardashian: Everyone is buzzing because the reality star had to uninvite guests from her wedding.
2. Jon Gosselin: This busy dad is happy TLC did not renew "Kate Plus 8" for a third season.
3. The Daily Show: Jon Stewart is stirring up trouble again...and viewers love it.
4. Warren Buffet: In op-ed says "stop coddling the super-rich."
5. Aaron Maybin: Former Buffalo Bills is headed to the New York Jets.