Dish of the Week: Ground Tofu Spiced Chili
Jessica Jones of Food Heaven Made Easy shares this week's healthy recipe.
Jessica Jones from Food Heaven Made Easy is back with another fantastic recipe and answers to your healthy eating questions!
Loop 21: What are your favorite quick, filling, healthy snacks?
Jessica Jones: Popcorn! It's great if you want something flavorful and crunchy. Popcorn is a whole grain and you can flavor it with herbs and spices without adding salt. I also like individual veggie snacks as well as nuts. These are snacks I literally eat everyday.
Alright, enough talk. Here's this week's recipe:
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 3 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Drain the tofu, and crumble into pieces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, and sauté onions, garlic, carrots, and curry powder together for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in beans, tomato sauce, water, cayenne pepper, and tofu.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Optional: Add a pinch of cheese. Makes the perfect on-the-go lunch!
Check out more Food Heaven Made Easy recipes, click here. And while you're at it, check out their very popular demonstration video segments.