Man Bit by Rattlesnake at Walmart While Making Weed Plant Purchase
That's enough to kick a habit
A man was bitten by a foot-long rattlesnake at his local Wal-Mart recently when buying mulch for his marijuana plant, according to MSNBC.
Mica Craig, 47, reached down to brush what he thought was a stick off of the gardening product, but when it coiled around and bit him, he discovered otherwise.
Craig said of the incident, "I reached down to grab the stick to move it out of the way, and the snake stretched out, turned around and got its fangs in my right hand. I slung it off and I did a tap dance on it until it was dead."
[ALSO READ: Marijuana Vending Machine Pops Up in Cali]
"It's the most scared I've ever been in my life," Craig told KIRO FM from his hospital bed in Lewiston, Idaho. "I was screaming bloody murder through the parking lot."
Though emergency room doctors initially sent Craig home claiming there was little swelling, it eventually grew to the "the size of a grapefruit," and doctors treated him with 6 bags of anti-venom.
The freak accident may leave Craig, who is licensed to grow marijuana for medical reasons, without feeling in two fingers. (Let's hope, for the sake of his habit, it's not his thumb and forefinger.)