The Don’ts of Online Dating
Five Things You Should Never Do
Let’s face it; the rules of dating have certainly changed over the years, starting with online dating. More men and women are turning to sites like eHarmony and BlackPeopleMeet.com in order to find love. Perhaps meeting people the old traditional way just didn’t work out for you in the past, or maybe you’re the shy type who feels protected by a computer screen, whatever the case may be, here are five things you definitely don’t want to do when it comes to online dating.
1. Post photos of yourself in your younger years. Doing so will only cause heartache when you show up to your date looking nothing like the person in your profile picture. Trust me, your date won’t appreciate your lie and attempt to attract a younger suitor. Don’t expect a second date.
2. Lie about your height. Again, be truthful and honest in your profile description. There are plenty of women and men out there looking for love in all shapes and sizes. Don’t begin what could be something special with a fib.
3. Forget to tell a friend your whereabouts. Sure, you’ve gotten to know one another over the web or maybe even by phone, but just to be on the safe side, tell someone your plans, where you’re going, and maybe even his number, if possible.
4. Spill the beans. Leave room for a second date. You don’t have to expose everything right away. Getting to know someone also requires listening.
5. Take it too seriously. So you’ve agreed to go out this Friday, great, but that doesn’t mean wedding bells just yet. Take it slow and get to know one another, and let nature take its course!