How To Manage Your Money
Ten Money Saving Tips
Money makes the world go round, at least that’s what they say. So why do we have such a hard time keeping it? The problem with money is that no one really teaches you how to manage it. Here are ten tips to help you keep your money where it belongs…in your wallet.
- Use a budget. By this, you can keep track of where your money is going and if you’re spending too much.
- Save. Depositing a portion of your income into a savings account not only adds up, but helps in times of emergencies.
- Say no to impulse shopping. This is a big one, especially around the holidays. It sucks up more of your money than you may think.
- Do your research. There are bargains everywhere. Shop around when making major (and minor) purchases.
- Make a plan. Make plans for the future and jot down the steps to get there.
- Stop spending beyond your means. No need to keep up with The Jones’. Buying things you can’t afford will only result in debt.
- Donate. Giving away to a charity of your choice is not only rewarding, but it’ll make you appreciate your money that much more.
- Stop depending on the plastic. Solely relying on credit cards will only get you into trouble. It is not a safety net!
- Invest. In addition to your savings account, invest! It’s a good look when you’re ready to retire.
- Look for money drains. Cut back if possible. Examine your bills and eliminate the unnecessary.